Please fill out the form below and we will contact you with your tutorial schedule.
1. Students are expected to be fully prepared and bring the following items to each tutoring appointment: Syllabus, textbook, calculator (if needed), notebook, writing utensils, laptop computer, etc.
2. Students are expected to have all homework and other materials completed prior to the tutorial session and have appropriate questions prepared.
3. The student is expected to assist the tutor in identifying problem areas in which they need specific tutoring.
4. If you are running late, need to cancel your appointment, please contact the tutor.
5. The student agrees that assignments, exercises or homework form an integral part of tutoring and undertakes to complete such work timeously.
6. Tutors will provide reinforcement of classroom instruction through demonstration, explanation, clarification, modeling, etc. Tutors will NOT: do your homework for you, “cram” with you for a last minute study session, write your paper, give you the answer, give you a topic/idea, or perform under an unreasonable time limit.
7. Students agree that tutoring will not necessarily result in perfect work and does not guarantee an “A” or a passing grade. Success in a course is dependent on the student implementing sound study strategies and putting in the needed effort, not on the tutor.
8. Should conflicts occur due to scheduling, personalities, or any other concerns between a student and tutor, the parent must contact an Above Average Tutoring directly to make any appropriate changes or adjustments.
9. Have a positive attitude!
I understand and agree to the listed expectations for receiving tutoring services from Above Average Tutoring.
FEES PAYABLE TO THE TUTOR
Fees shall be calculated at a monthly rate. No further fees shall be charged for traveling or preparation time of the Tutor. Sessions do not roll over from month to month.
All payments are due by the first day of the month. Send payment via cash app, using cash tag $aboveaveragetutoring.
SCHEDULE OF LESSONS
Tutoring schedule will be given once registration is complete.
CANCELLATION OF LESSONS BY STUDENT
The Student may cancel a lesson by giving at least 24 hours prior notice to the Tutor in which case no tuition fees will be incurred. That lesson must be rescheduled during that same month. Lessons not attended by the student without giving 24 hours prior notice to the Tutor or not rescheduled during the same month will be considered as a missed lesson and shall be charged at the full rate.
CANCELLATION OF LESSONS BY TUTOR
The Tutor may cancel lessons by giving 24 hours prior notice to the Student in which case no fees shall be incurred. Where a lesson was pre-paid, the Tutor shall reschedule the appointment at a time agreeable to both parties.
Fees are calculated according to the times stipulated in the schedule and no adjustment shall be made for time lost because of late arrival by the Student. Any lost time because of the late arrival of the Tutor shall be compensated for by extending a lesson by mutual agreement and by such amount of time that was lost.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE TUTOR
* The Tutor undertakes to do all preparation prior to lessons and to structure lessons in such a way as to optimize time to the benefit of the Student.
* The Tutor shall keep confidential all information of the Student and shall contact other parties involved in the education of the Student only if given written permission by the Student to do so.
* The Tutor shall not assign any of his/her duties or obligations under this tutoring contract to a third party without the written permission of the Student.
* The Tutor shall at no time be required or obliged to execute homework or assignments on behalf of the Student.
OBLIGATIONS OF THE STUDENT
* The Student undertakes to assist the Tutor in identifying problem areas in which the Student needs specific tutoring.
* The Student agrees that assignments, exercises or homework form an integral part of tutoring and undertakes to complete such work timeously.
This tutoring contract may be terminated by either party at any time by giving the other party 7 days prior written notice.
This agreement constitutes the entire understanding between the parties with regard to the subject matter thereof and the parties waive the right to rely on any alleged expressed or implied provision not contained herein. Any alteration to this agreement must be in writing and signed by both parties.
Where the Student is a legal minor, the Parent/Guardian shall enter into this tutoring contract on behalf of the Student and shall accept and agree to all the terms and conditions contained herein on behalf of the Student.